What is AdBlue®?
AdBlue® is an aqueous solution composed of 32.5% urea and 67.5% demineralized water, in accordance with the ISO 22241 standard. It is used in diesel vehicles equipped with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology. AdBlue® is classified as a non-hazardous product. It is biodegradable, water-soluble and colorless. Sold in Total service stations, AdBlue® is a premium product that complies with the ISO 22241 standard and ensures a smooth-running SCR system in any make of vehicle.
Storage & Handling
• Store AdBlue® away from the light.
• Beyond 30°C, AdBlue® starts decomposing
• AdBlue® freezes at -11°C. The automatic warming system of the vehicle helps in making it liquid again within 20 minutes after engine start. During this time, the vehicle can be operated normally.
• If AdBlue® is stored outside the vehicle’s tank, gently thaw it. Then, it can be used normally again.
• Keep the AdBlue® equipment clean, away from dust and dirt.
Download the Brochure
• AdBlue® shelf life is minimum 12 months if it is stored at a temperature below 30°C.
• Only use AdBlue® delivered into dedicated and sealed AdBlue® packaging.
• AdBlue® is classified as non-hazardous: in case of contact with skin or clothes, it is recommended to rinse with water.
• AdBlue® can have a corrosive action on certain metals: in case of spilling, rinse with water.
• Do not use equipment (canisters, etc.) used for other liquids to refill or store AdBlue®.
•Close tightly the AdBlue® tank and canister after refill.